Calamagrostis brachytricha only has good qualities!
- the inflorescences are like feather dusters, reddish-purple to start with and turning silvery-grey with age;
- it keeps its flowers, even after they have dried out, for beautiful winter backdrops;
- easy to grow in the sun or partial shade;
- grows very easily in pots;
- a graceful, upright habit that can reach 1.2 metres in full flower;
- very hardy and long-lived.
Grow in ordinary or good garden soil that is not too dry in partial shade to sunny positions.
Cut back the clumps at the end of winter. Landscaping tip: plant in pots to line a pathway.
Synonym: Achnatherum brachytrichum
Common name: Korean feather reed grass
- 0,7 litre pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: 100 cm to 130cm
- Plant spacing: 80 cm
- Flower colour: cream
- Flowering period: summer flowers
Dance with the wind£4.29
A very luminous grass.£3.99
This feather reed-grass is very fast-growing and easy to grow.£3.99
Wood Small-reed or bushgrass£3.99
Similar to the Calamagrostis 'Karl Foerster'. BUT ! Calamagrostis 'Waldenbuch' has a more compact habit...from £3.99