Architectural plant - light and airy - fairy-like after the rain
The arundinacea subspecies is very different from the type species:
- Height up to 2 metres;
- Yellow gold autumn inflorescences;
- and, above all, the inflorescences are majestic and superbly architectural, fairy-like after the rain or in the light of a low sun.
Very long-lived, they do need two to three years to flourish fully. But, without a doubt, your patience will be royally rewarded.
The Molinia ssp arundinacea are easy to grow: some sunshine and ordinary soil.
Hardiness: - 25°C.
We offer two cultivars chosen for their exceptional ornamental qualities:
- Molinia caerulea ssp arundinacea 'Karl Foerster' is one of the oldest cultivars produced by the famous German breeder of the same name. Upright habit and very lightly arching inflorescences. Height: 2 metres.
- Molinia caerulea ssp arundinacea 'Transparent' has inflorescences that arch more and grow less tall (180 cm).
And a bonus! Francis Peeters, Belgian TV and radio journalist talks to us about Molinia 'Transparent'. Read the article (in French).
Note on the photo: Molinia takes on a golden colouring in the middle of the autumn.
- 12 cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: 150 to 200cm
- Plant spacing: 120 cm
- Flower colour:
- Flowering period:
Excellent for decoration, en masse or on its own£3.99
- from £3.99
Architectural plant - light and airy - fairy-like after the rainfrom £3.99