White flowers on silvery foliage. Exquisite harmony.
The species is native to North Africa (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia), but Anthemis punctata subsp. cupaniana is endemic to Sicily where it can be found, in altitude, on rocky slopes.
This Sicilian camomile forms a graceful tuft about thirty centimetres high and can spread to more than one metre in width! Anthemis cupaniana is a woody herbaceous plant with finely chiselled aromatic foliage, clearly silvery in summer, grey-green in winter.
It produces an incredible avalanche of large daisy-like flowers, nearly six centimetres in diameter, with white petals and yellow centres from May to mid-July.
This camomile will find its place preferably in a large-scale rock garden as it will grow abundantly to create an “overflow” or cascade effect.
For a rock garden, gravel garden, bank or to grow in large planters in containers.
A bold idea: try planting this camomile en masse with Agapanthus.
Grow in the sun in very well-drained soil, averagely fertile and moderately dry in summer. Hardiness: -10°C.
- a generous plant is often not very long lived. However, fortunately, is very easy to propagate Anthemis cupaniana ! This can be done in spring by layering, as its stems have a very natural tendency to develop roots.
- to prolong flowering make sure you deadhead regularly,
- cut the plant back in autumn to keep a neat appearance until the following spring.
- 12 cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 8-10
- Height: 30 to 50cm
- Plant spacing: 70 cm
- Flower colour: white
- Flowering period: summer flowers
A very beautiful silver !from £3.99
Probably the most beautiful silver foliage plant.£5.29
Lilac blue spikes from June to October.from £3.29
Simply the best!from £3.99
A small shrub for a sunny border.£3.99