Although arenaria is a cousin of the Dianthus, this genus is not well-known among gardeners.
Arenaria montana deserves some limelight:
- a dense cushion of dark green leaves provides good substitute for moss in sunny situations,
- long, impressive flowering with pure white blooms from mid-April until the beginning of June,
- very hardy and easy to grow.
Height: 15 cm. Planting distance: 40cm
Planted en masse Arenaria montana's brilliant flowering is most spectacular and beautifully accompanies the bright blooms of spring flowering bulbs.
Grow in a rockery, in the sun or in slight shade in a fairly poor, well-drained soil that is not too dry. After flowering in the spring you can divide the clumps.
- 0,7 litre pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: less than 10 cm
- Plant spacing: 50 cm
- Flower colour: white
- Flowering period: spring flowers