Phlox subuluta (Creeping or Moss Phlox) is not very often found in our gardens, but it is a variety we recommend:
- as it is very effective ground cover;
- has an avalanche of flowers in the spring with another spray in autumn;
- it is fast and easy to grow in neutral or acid soil, preferably in the sun, but can also tolerate light shade.
We love a great display Phlox subulata 'Emerald Cushion' in wide beds. Can also be used as edging, in a rockery or on masonry. Mauve blue flowering.
Height: 10 to -15 cm. Spreads out to 40 cm. Prune the plants halfway back after flowering.
- 0,5L pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 7-10
- Height: less than 10 cm
- Plant spacing: 40 cm
- Flower colour: blue
- Flowering period: spring flowers
Small in size, but big in flowers£3.29
A cottage garden special.£3.99
Mini Mini.from £2.29
A cottage garden specialfrom £3.99
A cottage garden special.£2.99
Iconic cottage gardens plants£3.99
2002 Perennial Plant of the Year£3.99
Deliciously lavish flowers.£3.99
- from £3.99
Rockery or paving?£3.99
A real favourite.from £3.29