A star-like scent and queenly deportment
Thalictrum actaeifolium 'Perfume Star' is a surprising variety of meadow rue that we are proud to offer in our 2015-2016 collection.
- healthy, generous blue-green foliage, well-branched upright habit and vigorous growth,
- bunches of star flowers that bloom throughout the summer. Lavender with white tips,
- and to crown it all a subtle star's scent between vanilla and passion fruit.
Thalictrum actaeifolium 'Perfume Star' has flowers which appear well above the ferny or columbine-like foliage. They are excellent cut flowers.
In the garden, it is a great variety for mass planting along the edge of a shady border.
Grow in a cold spot in light shade in good, moist, humus-rich, garden soil. Avoid planting in warm, dry places or in drying winds.
Height: 60 cm to 90 cm. Spread: 60 cm.
Maintenance: cut right back at the end of the growing season and apply leaf compost in early spring.
- 12 cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 7-10
- Height: 100 cm to 130cm
- Plant spacing: 40 cm
- Flower colour: mauve
- Flowering period: summer flowers