Astrantia major is a cottage garden favourite originally from the valleys of the Alps. It is commonly known as great masterwort and produces sweet, romantic flowers with single blooms encircled by bracts in tones of pink and white.
This small-scale plant spreads over the years to reach a width of about 45 cm and a maximum height of 75.5 cm.
What is so special about Astrantia 'Venice'?
- Its exceptional dark ruby colouring will add a sombre touch.
- You can plant it anywhere from a mountainside to a garden bed. Its geographical origins tell us what it needs: humus-rich, light and well-drained soil, in a cold spot with a pinch of sunshine!
- Astrantia does not like to be moved. Before planting think about where you want to place it in your garden, bearing in mind that you will need to divide the clumps every five years.
- 9,5cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: 50 to 70cm
- Plant spacing: 40 cm
- Flower colour: ruby
- Flowering period: summer flowers
® Unlicensed propagation prohibited.