Mérite de Courson prize-winner
Epimedium 'Amber Queen' was produced by crossing Epimedium 'Caramel' X Epimedium flavum and has all the qualities of its parents. It is quite simply one of the best Epimediums for the garden.
- tough evergreen foliage with red bronze tints in spring
- abundant flowers borne high above the foliage in clusters of large amber orange bells, from April to June and again in the autumn.
Height: 35 cm. Flowering: 45 cm.
Grow in partial shade in fertile, humus-rich, well-drained garden soil.
It goes well with all the star plants for shady beds: Brunnera, Pulmonaria, Primula, Polygonatum, Viola. It's worth trying with Heuchera 'Caramel' or 'Southern Comfort' to echo is soft amber flowers.
Cut back leaves and dried flower stems at the beginning of spring to encourage new growth.
- 0,7 litre pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: 30 to 50cm
- Plant spacing: 60 cm
- Flower colour: green yellow
- Flowering period: spring flowers
® Unlicensed propagation prohibited.
A good ground cover plant for shady locations.£4.29
Ground cover plant for shady locations.£4.29
- from £3.49
Nice specimen for gardener collectorfrom £3.99
An indestructible ground cover plant.from £3.49
Charming, delicate, pure white spring flowers£3.49
An avalanche of little white flowers with lavender-pink brush-strokes.£4.29