A very attractive plant.
Creeping Lamium or spotted deadnettle has characteristic opposite leaves, square stems and flowers like an open mouth. It is a common plant in Europe (except in the British Isles and Scandinavia) and has naturalised in North America. It prefers a shady, moist location: understory, hedgerow, light woodland and sub-alpine meadows.
Lamium maculatum is a welcome addition to the garden as it grows rapidly, is very easy and is a great ground cover with silvery-white and green spotted foliage.
And on top of all this Lamium maculatum 'Red Nancy' produces superb purple pink flowers.
Attractive foliage combined with lively, long-lasting flowers. A very attractive plant. Plant it! Divide it! Take cuttings from it! Give it as a gift!
It comes in useful in many places:
- under deciduous trees as ground cover mixed with spring-flowering bulbs;
- in a bed to decorate the base of grasses or tall perennials;
- on a bank as a drooping decoration;
- in a shady border as a perfect companion to Heuchera, Primula, Pulmonaria, Galanthus or Helleborus.
- on a shady terrace for a beautiful flower display in pots.
Growing it is child's play. A little shade, good garden soil that is not too dry in summer. A little trim to shape it from time to time.
- 0,5L pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 7-10
- Height: 10 to 30cm
- Plant spacing: 40 cm
- Flower colour: purple
- Flowering period: spring flowers
A delightful bellflowerfrom £3.99
Heuchera 'Sugar Plum' is impressive!£4.29
We have been surprised at the nursery by the formidable performance of H. 'Frosted Violet'£4.29
Purple red bracts topped by ruby-coloured, tubular blooms. What could be better?from £4.69
An orchid-like Melittis !£4.29