Everlasting pea, like a sweet pea but without the scent.
Despite the lack of scent Lathyrus latifolius 'White Pearl' is quite rightly very popular for the profusion of flowers it produces from July to October.
Perennial, vigorous, hardy and with abundant flowers, this everlasting pea had and has all the qualities to win the Royal Horticultural Society's prestigious Award of Garden Merit in 1993.
Use Lathyrus latifolius 'White Pearl' as a climber or hanging plant or ground cover to give free rein to your gardening fancies.
- As a climber, planted and staked near rose bushes and other shrubs;
- as a ground cover planted on a bank without staking to form a 20 cm thick mattress;
- and, last, but not least, try it as a hanging plant, flowing over the edge of a balcony.
Pure white flowers.
Height: 250 cm.
Grow in ordinary, well-drained garden soil in the sun or slight shade.
- 12 cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: more than 200 cm
- Plant spacing: 50 cm
- Flower colour: white
- Flowering period: summer flowers