A plant featured on the cover of our 2010 magazines... and one of our real favourites.
Veronicastrum virginicum 'Fascination' is native to the northern United States and has a sleek architectural habit, reaching 1.5 m - 1.8 m in height and summer flowering of long lilac-pink spikes which can grow to 25 cm in length.
A great focus plant we grow in good, fertile, moist garden soil, which can be heavy clay and in the sun (not too hot) or in light shade.
- in the limelight to display its talents,
- or in mass at the back of a mixed border of perennials and grasses: Helianthus, Miscanthus, Panicum, Rudbeckia, Verbena bonariensis, Echinacea, etc.
In fact, with all the long stemmed summer varieties!
It is also a good cut flower and a nectar-yielding favourite of the butterflies!
- 9,5cm pot or 0,7 litre pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 7-10
- Height: 150 to 200cm
- Plant spacing: 70 cm
- Flower colour: purple
- Flowering period: summer flowers
Culver's root is an attractive perennial with an elegant, upright habit.£3.49
Elegant candelabras in the late summer garden£3.49
This majestic plant needs a generous borderfrom £3.49
Tender flowers and a compact habit.£4.09