Glory and success!
We are delighted to offer Phlomis tuberosa 'Amazone', which is a recent and relatively unknown introduction.
We decided to start cultivating it without hesitation, as it is quite simply a great perennial with numerous qualities:
- a long flowering period from June to August; long lilac purple flower spikes,
- an elegant habit which means the plant keeps a glorious dignity throughout the winter months, even when the floral stems have faded,
- easy to grow in the sun in fertile, not too dry, ordinary soil.
And there is more...
- a good cut flower for fresh or dried bouquets.
And you can plant it in a variety of ways:
- as a landscaping feature or focus plant,
- under a Miscanthus or Panicum to create a richly-contrasting autumnal decor,
- as a dramatic presence at the front of a perennial border or behind banks of lavender or Salvia nemorosa.
Height: 90 to 120 cm. Planting distance: 100cm. Deciduous. Hardiness (-15°C)
- 0,7 litre pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 7-10
- Height: 70 to 100cm
- Plant spacing: 100 cm
- Flower colour: pink
- Flowering period: summer flowers