Perennial cornflower, mountain cornflower, bachelor's button, montane knapweed
Native to the grassy uplands of Europe's, mountain cornflower is a simple and popular perennial.
- In May-June Centaurea montana 'Jordy' produces flowers of an unusual dark, blackish purple.
- Cut back severely after flowering.
- Second flowering in late summer.
- That's all!
Grow in the sun in moist, well-drained soil or in light shade. Height: 40 cm. Planting distance: 60 cm.
We like to plant Centaurea montana 'Jordy' together with silver foliage or yellow-flowering perennials such as Artemisia, Santolina, Coreopsis or Rudbeckia.
- 12 cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: 30 to 50cm
- Plant spacing: 60 cm
- Flower colour: purple
- Flowering period: summer flowers
A bit of an eye catcher with its pure white ruff of petals kissing a purple heart!£4.29