No garden should be without Frikart's aster
This cross of Aster amellus x Aster thompsonii selected by Swiss hybridizer Carl Ludwig Frikart received the Royal Horticultural Society's prestigious Award of Garden Merit. And deserves it one thousand times over!
- Continuous flowering from August until November of lavender-blue blooms that go perfectly with many other garden flowers.
- Disease and wind resistant. No staking!
- Easy to grow in good, well-drained garden soil in the sun or slight shade.
You can leave the foliage in the winter and only cut it back when the new stems appear in the spring.
Although hardy, it is recommended that you mulch in regions with harsh winters.
Height: 70 cm.
Planting distance: 60 cm
- 0,7 litre pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 6-10
- Height: 50 to 70cm
- Plant spacing: 60 cm
- Flower colour: blue
- Flowering period: summer flowers autumn flowers
One of the best£3.99
- from £3.99
To liven up those tired, end-of-summer days.from £3.99
I just love this plant!from £3.99
Its strong, rounded shape makes it an excellent choice to edge a perennial bed.from £3.99
A florist's aster£3.99
Great, a story!from £3.99