Fame flower or rock pink. A little rarity.
This plant is a member of the Portulacaceae or purslane family and is native to North America. It caught our attention for its continuous magenta flowering from July until the first frosts and its remarkable resistance to drought due to its succulent foliage.
- Its flowers are borne on stems so fine that they seem to float in a joyful dance 20 cm above the ground.
- Hardiness: -5 °C. Best to grow in pots or in a rockery in Mediterranean climates.
- You can also grow it in an alpine greenhouse. Keep dry during the winter.
Talinum calycinum easily reseeds itself. It can be considered a great annual as it becomes naturalised in rock or gravel gardens in areas with harsher winters.
When the warm weather returns, you will be delighted when the seeds start sprouting!
- 9,5cm pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 9-10
- Height: 10 to 30cm
- Plant spacing: 30 cm
- Flower colour: pink
- Flowering period: summer flowers