Teaberry, Canada tea, checkerberry, boxberry, or American wintergreen
This little plant is really quite seductive with its:
- dark, shiny evergreen foliage,
- white summer flowering like heather, as Gaultheria procumbens belongs to the Ericaceae family;
- abundant fruit of little red edible berries from late autumn to the end of winter;
- hardiness and ease of cultivation in partial shade in acid to neutral soil.
Gaultheria procumbensÂ is a useful ground cover for shady areas, which will contentedly and whimsically spread under rhododendrons, camellias and azaleas in an ericaceous bed.
Height: 15 cm. Hardiness: -20°C. 3 plants / m². Planting distance: 60 cm. Teaberry has many medicinal properties.
- 0,4L pot
- Hardiness zones : zone 7-10
- Height: 10 to 30cm
- Plant spacing: 60 cm
- Flower colour: white
- Flowering period: summer flowers